Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sun still shines


Hello friends,

I desperately want to pretend that the gaping hole of time between my posts doesn't exist. I want to write to you all as though I had never left and you are all still here, but the truth is have been absent far longer than I wanted to be.  I gotten caught up in the little life, but have forgotten to see and capture the beauty of it. My writing has dwindled, not for lack of want, but because I have not had the courage to take up my pen with the intention of creation.

Here is courage for you, though: I am back (oh, gosh. I want to clobber myself over the head every time I say that). But this time it is a promise, not a wish.

I have certain ideas on how my posts want to go, but if you guys have things you are interested in, things you really like to read, please don't hesitate to let me know.  I truly believe blogs are a partnership; I write for me, but I write for you, too. If I wrote just for me, I may as well write in my journal and if I wrote just for you, you may as well write on your own.  So, here is to our partnership.

Here is a sneak peak of a photoshoot with a friend this summer.  photo IMG_7627_zpseddca289.jpg
 photo IMG_7640_zpsb3ee44f7.jpg
And the rest is rust and stardust.
Nabokov

11 comments:

  1. Your so beautiful! I don't blog anymore, but i'm glad your blog is still up! Love your shorts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks.

      That's actually my friend, Kimberly, but I do agree, she's pretty gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. I want to read what you write. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, helloo! Oh, I've missed you all right and I'm so incredibly glad you're back (at least for a little while). This photo-shoot of Kimberly?? I cannot (read: can NOT) wait till a few more shots are posted. ;)

    Your writing-for-readers-rather-than-just-for-yourself proposition is an excellent idea; I think every blogger should adopt that point of view....

    xxA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Acacia!

      I've missed being here and talking to you. Aw, thanks.

      Thank you! I'm glad you agree. ;)

      Love,
      Rebekah

      Delete
  4. Dear Rebekah,

    It's good to hear from you again! Your writing is always amazing. So glad you're back! I can't wait to see more!

    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Haley,

      Thanks so much. That means a lot to me. I am really going to try with all my heart, keep at it. ;P

      Rebekah

      Delete
  5. REBEKAAAH IS BAAACK! Woohoo!
    Suggestions? Okay. Write about the ocean and good waves. <There. Best suggestion ever. Haaha!
    & Those pictures of Kimberly are soo amazing! What kind of camera do you shoot with? You do an awesome job!
    I'll be emailing you back super soonly, too, btw. Just collecting some photos to send along with it! (Lots and LOTS of snow here. xD)

    *HUGS*
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry....we want to hear what u have to say so write, never fear, never look back.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A partnership.... You sound like an insurance salesman.... Er, saleswomen?

    Tsk tsk, posts months apart.... You should take notes from my glorious blog. Ahahaha, I am just kidding........... Or am I?

    ReplyDelete

~Comments make me smile like an idiot and maybe dance around a bit~
P.S. Make sure to have email follow-ups because I will most likely get off my lazy bum and respond to your comments. ;)